AVT CHAMPIONS TOUR
TOURNAMENT FACT SHEET
Classic Golf & Country Club, Gurgaon
14th – 15th March 2019
FORMAT OF PLAY:
Individual stroke play over 36 holes.
One overall winner with the best 36 holes gross score across all categories will be the Tournament Champion.
- Individual – Gross & Nett winner and runner up in four Individual Age Categories
- Four Man Club Teams – Gross & Nett winner and runner up
Age Categories: 50 plus, 55 plus, 60 plus and 65 plus.
Prizes will be awarded in any age category only if a minimum of 5 contestants enter in that category.
For Nett prizes, the maximum handicap allowed for age categories 50 plus and 55 plus will be 15. For age categories 60 plus and 65 plus the maximum allowed handicap will be 24.
- Gold Tees for all Length 6700 yards approx., Par 72. Jack Nicklaus Signature Championship Course.
STARTING TIMES FOR ALL PLAYERS:
Rd 1: 8 TO 10 AM Two tee start. Tee time will be messaged to each player latest by 5 pm on March 13th Rd 2 – 7.45 am shotgun start (15th March) for all players.
Overall 36-hole Gross Winner: Trophy plus Prize to be confirmed
In each individual Age category:
- hole total
- Gross & Nett (Winners): Trophy + Callaway Pro Golf
- Gross & Nett (Runners Up): Trophy + Callaway Golf
For Round 2 (Only)
- Best Gross & Best Nett Prize in each Age Prize to be confirmed.
36- hole Club Team Event:
- Gross & Nett (Winner): Medal + 2 Doz Callaway Chrome Soft Balls per
- Gross & Nett (Runner Up): Medal + 1 Doz Callaway Chrome Soft Balls per Team prizes determined by taking the best 3 scores of the team each day.
A player may win only one individual prize (Priority to be given to gross prizes) A team may win only one team prize (Priority to be given to gross prize)
Registration & Practice Round on 13th March:
- Rounds may Start Between 8 AM – 2 PM (2 PM Last Tee Off) on first come first served basis
- Green fee is included in the entry Carts and caddies to be paid directly at pro shop. (Rs 1300 per cart and Rs 1000 per caddy). Carts optional in the practice round.
- Any F&B consumed on practice day to be paid directly by players on a la carte
- Players must register outside the pro shop between 8 am and 2 pm by submitting age proof, handicap certificate and all contact
- Any player who does not register in person at the club on 13th must send an e mail including all details required on the registration form before March 12th to firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES CLINIC : Since the rules of golf have changed from 1st January 2019, we are organizing a rules clinic at 1 PM near the lawns behind 18th green. It will be conducted by the chief referee. We request you to kindly attend the clinic.
TEAM ENTRIES : If a team cannot be formed by four players from a particular club, the team must have at least two players from one club and they may then invite two players to join their team who are not members of that club.
Deadline to declare teams is March 13, 5 pm.
In order to ensure fairer team competition, A team may select a maximum of two members of the Indian team from the Asia Pacific Seniors Amateur Team Championship 2018
CADDIES & CARTS – TOURNAMENT DAYS:
- Carts: One cart shared by two players will be charged mandatory at subsidized price of Rs 300 per player per day – payable
- Players have the option to use a golf cart and not take a caddy at
- Caddy Fees for club caddies to be paid directly at the pro shop by the Rs 1000 inclusive of tax for an individual club caddy. Two players sharing a cart may share a caddy at Rs 500 per player.
- Caddies from outside the club are permitted – please inform Aminder if you will bring your own caddy or not use a (no charges levied by club for any outside caddies)
- Optional caddy tip to be paid daily directly by the players
Handicaps: Players are required to produce proof of handicap index (either online or physical certificate) and Date of Birth (Driver’s License, or other Govt issues ID) at time of registration. Handicaps will be adjusted as per slope index. Incorrect handicap declaration will lead to disqualification.
- Best gross ties over 36 holes will be broken on the better 2nd day gross Further ties will be broken by count back on last 9,6,3 holes gross score.
- 36 hole Best Nett ties will be broken on the lower 2nd day net Further ties will be broken on the basis of the lower handicap player winning.
- For 2nd day 18 hole prizes, gross & Nett will be broken on the basis of lower grow scores over the last 9, 6, 3 holes of the course ( irrespective of which tee a player has started from)
Distance measuring Devices are allowed without the elevation change feature.
Club Team Score Ties:
- Gross & Nett Team Ties will be broken on the 4th players’ 2nd day gross / net score respectively. Further tie will be broken on the 4th player’s first day Further ties will be broken in favour of the team with the best individual 36 holes gross score. Further tie will be broken in favour of the team with the basis of the best individual 18 holes gross score on either day. Further ties broken on the best individual score last 9, 6, 3, 1 hole.
- Further ties of nett score will be broken by the team having the combined lower
- Starting: On day one, players must collect their scorecards at the starter from either first or 10th tee at least 10 minutes prior to their start
- One Range bucket provided complimentary each
- Golf Bags may be stored at the driving range overnight at no
On Day two players must collect scorecards from the registration desk outside the pro shop up to 20 minutes prior to the shotgun start time or face disqualification. On day two a welcome & briefing will be held at the putting green behind the 10th tee, 20 minutes prior to the shotgun start time. Players must be seated in their carts and reach their tees at least 5 minutes prior to the shotgun start time on day two. Players reaching their tees late will be subject to penalties as per the Rules of Golf.
Any player competing in Rd 1 and who cannot appear in Rd 2 must inform Aminder by call, whatsapp or e mail no later than 3 pm after Rd 1 or his entry may not be accepted for future AVT Champion tour events.
REFRESHMENTS: On course – refreshments available on Hole #1, #6, #10 & #14 (To be paid by the player on all days by cash/card at time of purchase). A menu with prices will be on display. Fresh lime will be provided complimentary at all four on course refreshment points.
Set Menu Lunch: On both days Complimentary 1 to 4 pm. Includes main course (Veg or Non-veg) plus soup and salad, Beer & Vodka. Other items may be ordered a la carte and paid by cash or credit card to the club.
Day 2 – Lunch 1 pm onwards followed by Awards Presentation at 2.30 pm.
All players must be present out of courtesy for Awards Presentation on Day 2 at 2.30 pm.
Gift Hampers: All players must collect their AVT gift hampers on conclusion of lunch on Day 1 and their Sara Group gift hampers on Day 2 post lunch.
Lucky Draw: Day 2 post awards presentation.
Referees : Two certified referees will be available at all times during the tournament for RULINGS OR EMERGENCY HELP and to monitor pace of play . Chief Referee Mr Raj Kumar – 9818680768.
Willful breach of rules or etiquette, incorrect score declaration or unbecoming behavior could lead to disbarment from future AVT Tour events.
Pace of Play: 5 hours is the stipulated time for completion of the rounds. Penalties will be applied for slow play.
Tournament Committee: Dilip Thomas, Gangesh Khaitan, Lakshman Singh, Sanjay Kolhatkar, Sanjeev Mehera, Rishi Narain, ITC Classic Representative, Chief Referee.
Disputes: In case of any disputes, decision of the Tournament Committee will be final. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse an entry, at its sole discretion.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE RULES OF GOLF 2019
- Search time- reduced from 5 minutes to 3
- Ball moved during search- replace no penalty
- Embedded ball- Free relief anywhere through the
- Measuring a drop- use longest club(except putter)
- Dropping- drop from knee height rather than
- Taking stance on wrong green is not
- Ball unintentionally hits player or equipment- No
- Double hit- no penalty, now only counts as the 1
- Touching sand in bunker incidentally is permitted
- Loose impediments can be removed anywhere including
- Dropping a ball out of bunker- 2 penalty
- Water Hazards- now called “penalty areas”.
- Touching ground in penalty area- no
- Ball moves on green after being marked- replace without
- Ball accidentally moved on putting green- replace no
- All damage to green can now be
- Positioning a club for alignment is not
- Caddie assisting with alignment is now not
- Putting with flag stick in hole is now
- Ball wedged against flag stick and side of hole is now deemed as